In a recent New Jersey Business Magazine issue, they praised New Jersey hospitals for their continued high national ranking in healthcare quality and focus on national health concerns and trends such as:
- Patient safety
- Patient satisfaction
- Care for the aging population
- Reducing the number of preterm births
- Increasing community-based healthcare facilities
Among the New Jersey healthcare systems awarded an “A” letter grade by the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade were:
We’re proud to say that some of the healthcare systems on this list are our clients. Working with them, we have a deep understanding and appreciation for the work that happens “behind the scenes” to exceed expectations and consistently improve.
What is the common thread between these top-performing healthcare systems? Exceptional use of market research. Our healthcare system clients who made it to the “A” list conduct market research on a level that surpasses what is expected.
Here are four ways that hospitals use market research to improve quality and patient experience while strengthening their brand platform:
- Implementing custom patient experience surveys (in addition to HCAHPS) to pinpoint departmental strengths and weaknesses and improve quality at the disease-specific level
- Conducting advertising research on ad concepts prior to a campaign launch to determine the themes, visuals and messaging that resonate with specific communities and demographics
- Measuring and improving upon employee satisfaction in addition to patient data
- Conducting yearly market assessments in primary and secondary service areas to keep a pulse on consumers' attitudes, awareness and usage of their hospital’s services
As a healthcare professional, you have a firm grasp on the hospital brand you represent and what needs to be done to consistently improve. That is why you will never regret using market research to engage with patients, employees and consumers.
If you would like us to create a custom plan for your next market research project or see how exceptional market research fits into your next initiative, please contact us today.